GORUCK HTL Training plan
This 90+ page guide has everything you need to get your gear, your mind, and your body prepared to complete the 48 hour crucible of a GORUCK HTL/HTLS. You can also use this guide to completely crush a GORUCK Heavy! This can be used as a stand alone GORUCK HTL training plan OR as a companion to a PATHFINDER training class! Preview of training plan below!
If you’re training for an HTL you NEED this plan!
– Drew Bragg
This guide includes:
- How to mentally prepare for the event and embracing the suck
- Strategies for before, during, between, and after the event/events to ensure success (what to eat, when to change socks, etc.)
- Full gear breakdown: required vs. recommended, and how to set it up
- The ONLY training gear required is a ruck, sandbag, and a pull up bar! (UBRR requires lots of equipment, but substitutions are listed)
- Monthly, weekly, and daily challenges to push you out of your comfort zone!
- A full, 4 month training plan with 50+ workouts, covering 350+ miles
- FEATURING Team SPEARHEAD PATHFINDER challenge WODs!
- Weekday sessions are typically 30-60 minutes (3x a week) and weekend (2x) are ~2-3 hours. There are 4-5 milestone workouts/events that are ~5-12 hours.
- Workouts are formatted as graphics for sharing so you can post your WODs to your friends and rucking partners!
- Yoga to stay healthy
This is week #7 of training. The training get significantly more challenging as the weeks go on (and the ruck gets heavier). Please note the Monthly and Weekly challenge on the left of the page as well. These are best tackled in small increments throughout the week/month and are used to acclimate the body to new/challenging movements. If you don’t have the equipment required – that is fine! It’s the perfect time to start FFIO (F’ing Figuring It Out). During your events, the cadre won’t give a crap if you don’t have a tool you need, you have to make it happen – welcome to the GR HTL 🙂 . Improvise, adapt and overcome!