GORUCK Tough Training Plan and Completion Guide
This ~75 page GORUCK Tough Training Plan has everything you need to get your gear, your mind, and your body prepared to complete the 12 hour GORUCK Tough (or B2B T/L). This can be used as a stand alone training plan OR as a companion to a PATHFINDER training class! Preview of a week of training below!
This guide includes:
- How to mentally prepare for the event and embracing the suck
- Your first event? List of “noob” mistakes not to make!
- Strategies for before, during, and after the event to ensure success (what to eat, when to change socks, etc.)
- Full gear breakdown: required vs. recommended, and how to set it up
- The ONLY training gear required is a ruck, sandbag, and a pull up bar!
- Monthly, weekly, and daily challenges to push you out of your comfort zone!
- A full, 3 month training plan with 20+ workouts, covering 150+ miles
- FEATURING Team SPEARHEAD PATHFINDER challenge WODs!
- Weekday sessions are typically 20~30 minutes (3x a week) and weekend (1x) are ~1-3 hours. There are ~4 milestone workouts/events that are ~4-6 hours.
- Workouts are formatted as graphics for sharing so you can post your WODs to your friends and rucking partners!
- Yoga to stay healthy
This is week #2 of training. The training get significantly more challenging as the weeks go on (and the ruck gets heavier). Please note the Monthly and Weekly challenge on the left of the page as well. These are best tackled in small increments throughout the week/month and are used to acclimate the body to new/challenging movements.